Install Canon Printer Driver For Windows 10
Though there are many ways for installing and setting up proper Canon printer driver for Windows 10 on your PC, the most common ones include;
- A manual setup
- Automatic Windows updates
- Using the installation CD
- Third party websites
Manual setup makes sure that you are able to pick and choose the driver files for your PC and correspondingly for your printer too. This way, you can either choose a function specific driver or an OS specific driver. Some users may consider this option because of the personalized experience that you can have with your printer. Others, may prefer the other techniques as it is a little less time consuming.
- Manually connect the printer to the Windows 10 PC
- To check if the device has been detected, go to the control panel menu
- And then, select the Add a printer option
- Since you are setting up a local printer, choose the corresponding option
- Now, create a TCP/IP port
- In the host name field, enter the IP address of the Canon printer
- Choose the Have disk option next
- Select the path where the driver files are present
- After the files load, choose model number of the device
- Install it and wait for its completion
Since this Canon wireless printer setup requires that you pre-own the driver files, you can reach out to our team for the driver files corresponding to your printer.
This too is quite similar to the previous technique except for the fact that you will not be able to install new drivers. These updates only allow you to make amendments to an existing driver file. For instance, if you had a scanner driver and did not have a previous Canon driver for Windows 10 for the fax function, then you cannot use this method.
- On the settings menu, go to the Control panel option
- Add a printer and also access its printer settings
- Either choose your printer or enter its IP address as the host name
- Choose the Windows update option
- Whenever there is an available update, the system will automatically do it
- If it doesn’t, then go ahead and check the settings once again
When you have an installation CD
This is the best part as you can rely on the manufacturer for the best set of driver files developed having your printer and its model in mind. Though, not many users will have this CD, it is easier for installing the drivers at any point in time.
- Run the CD on your Windows 10 PC
- Choose the files for installation
- Run it with ADMIN rights
- Once installation completes, test the printer for the specific function
Third party websites
When you are unable to get the driver files from the manufacturer, then it is advisable to get it from a trusted third-party website https://canonijsetup.comtech365.com/. Call us at our toll-free number +1-888-907-4124 or get in touch with our team using our live chat to get the best Canon printer driver for Windows 10.